As part of security best practices, Digix encourages their clients to clear your browser’s disk cache after each session. Digix also encourages their clients to update their browsers to support high encryption standards such as SSL.
Clear your browser's’ cache
1. For Firefox
- Launch Firefox
- Click on the menus’ buttons and choose ‘ Options’
- Select the ‘Advanced’ panel
- Click on the ‘Network’ panel
- In the section ‘ Cached Web Content’, click ‘ Clear now’
- Close the page. Any changes will be automatically saved.
2. For Chrome
- Open Chrome
- On the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu
- Click the checkboxes for ‘ Cookies and other site and plug in data’ and ‘Cached images and files’
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. We encourage to choose ‘beginning of time’ to delete everything.
- Click ‘Clear browsing’ data
3. For Opera
- Launch Opera
- Click ‘Menu’ on the top left corner
- Select ‘History’
- Click ‘ Clear browsing’ data
- Select options from the dropdown to erase the history. Digix recommends ‘ Beginning of time’.
- Uncheck the boxes next to ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cached images’ and files to stay logged into websites.
- Click ‘Clear browsing’ data.
4. For Safari
- Open Safari
- Click on ‘Safari’ in the menu bar and open ‘ Preferences’
- Select ‘ Privacy’ tab
- Click on ‘ Manage Website’ data
- Click ‘Remove All’ and confirm it by clicking on ‘Remove now’ in the next dialogue box.
5. For Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge
- Click on ‘...’ button in top right corner of the browser
- Click on ‘ Settings’
- Under ‘Clear browsing data’ and click on ‘Choose what to clear’
- Check on the boxes next to ‘ Cookies and save website data’ and ‘ Cached data and files’
- Click on ‘ Clear’