Digix encourages their customers to safeguard their personal data and implement the following best security practices. Our recommendations include:
1. Do not share your credentials
Customers are responsible for keeping their credentials and private keys private. Do not leave your computer unattended during an online session. Please report immediately to Digix for any unauthorised account access.
2. Managing your username and password
Ensure no one is watching you logging in.
Keep your credentials confidential at all times.
Do not share your credentials with anyone as you are responsible for all transactions.
Change your password regularly, at least annually.
Do not reuse your password.
Do not select the option on your browser for storing or retaining credentials.
3. Take precautions against your password keystrokes being captured
Install effective firewall as well as anti virus, anti spyware and anti Trojan software.
Do not download any software from a source that is doubtful.
Do not open any email or attachment that is from any unknown source.
4. Remember to log out
Always remember to log out once you are done with transactions on Digix’s marketplace. Do not leave your computer unattended while transactions are in progress.
5. Remove printer sharing
Remove file and printer sharing in your computer, especially when you have Internet access via cable modem, broadband connection or a similar set-up.
6. Avoid sharing personal computers (PC)
Customers are encouraged to avoid sharing PC, laptops or public PCs such as in Internet cafes to perform any transactions. If there is an urgent need to do so, please ensure that the shared PC is free from viruses and please ensure to clear the browser’s cache upon completion of your transactions.
7. Update your browsers
You should always ensure your browsers and application software to support 128- bit SSL encryption or higher encryption standard.
8. Inform Digix immediately of unauthorized transaction or suspected breach of your privacy
If you suspect that your account has been accessed by unauthorised individual, please change your credentials immediately and contact us via Zendesk.
9. Email Security
If you encounter any suspicious email, passing off as an email from Digix, please inform us immediately.
10. Avoid using unsecured laptops and devices
Customers are encouraged to not use any unsecured devices and ensure that your laptop and devices are kept safely.Exercise the necessary precautions to protect your personal computer against viruses and other malicious programs.
11. Exercise the following precautions:
- Ensure that you install an effective personal firewall as well as anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-Trojan horse software. These should be updated regularly.
- Do not install any software or run programs of unknown origin
- Do not open any email or attachment that is from an unknown source. When in doubt, delete such email without opening it.
- Back up your critical data regularly and use encryption technology.
- Update your operating systems regularly as well.